1/4 mile line pump job
Rideorange 01-29-2019
comment profile send pm notify

Hey guys,

Have a job here in Southern California, on an island with no vehicle access. Will end up having to put out about 1000’ of hard line with 250’ feet of hose on the end. I am a foundation contractor, pour maybe 5000 yds a year. Both pumping contractors we use are very professional and I trust either to do the job. That doesn’t mean that I am still not nervous slightly and looking for input. Here’s parameters, will prime with slurry, 4500 psi can use either pea gravel or big rock. Going to put 1 hour dose retarder to be safe. Any other suggestions, including washing out?  Some suggested breaking in the middle and blowing out with air, but that has me hesitant as I’ve seen what can happen. 

Thanks 

pudg2 02-11-2019
reply profile send pm notify

I've done quite a few of these , I would suggest a blended mix pea gravel and 1" rock , no super plasticizer , maybe a low dosage of water reducer and go in the pump with about a nine inch slump , to make clean up easier you could order 3-4 yards of a slurry mix to fill the line with , if not I suggest blowing in three hundred foot sections and using a pig catcher . Good luck and hope this helps

Michael C 02-12-2019

You can reach out to us at Conforms. We can help. Michael.Cetnar@conforms.com

Grandad 02-12-2019

Question:  Why so much hose and what size of line?

Grandad 02-12-2019

Also I'm assuming you cannot get a barge in close enough with a truck and trailer pump?

Grandad 02-12-2019

Personally I would wash the pump out put a ball or go devil in the reducer and pump your line out with water then blow your line back out without having to break it open.