2008 38 concord meter wont pump faster...
Mand M Concrete 11-02-2009
comment profile send pm notify

i got no volume control on pump ??

TooTall 11-02-2009
reply profile send pm notify

How many strokes per minute as it is right now, or will it stroke at all?

First double check the 'no brainer' stuff. Hyd.oil level - Proper air pressure to hyd.tank - Filter vaccum meters in green zone - Hyd.oil is up to operating temp.- PTO in proper gear (and HI range) If the hardwire remote is NOT equipped with volume control unplug wireless remote and plug in the hardwire. This should open the system to full volume.

If both boxes are equipped with vol.control try using both. Wireless system vol.control may need reset. Contact either Concord or KCP for reset procedure. If both boxes have vol. control and niether work check the volume control soleniod plug & wiring, meter voltage to see if it's responding or... 

...With the pump switch turned "OFF" throttle up to 15 or 1600 rpm and listen to the pump while slowly turning the volume control on the remote from 0 to 10 and back. As the volume is increased and decreased so should the tone of vibration in the main supply and return lines. If your ears work as bad as mine do you can also feel the lines (hyd.hoses) with your hand. There should be a signifigant change of vibration frequency, Higher/louder as you turn it 'up', Softer/quieter turned down.

If there is no change or it's hardly noticable or does not respond showing no flux in voltage try the manual adjustment to the right or sometimes beside the 75bar guage port. An allen wrench is used to adjust the spool. IN turns volume DOWN - OUT = vol.UP. Even with the pump switch OFF you may hear or feel a difference as described above. If not, make minor adjustments (One turn at a time or less!) then turn pump switch ON and time the strokes per minute. Be sure the rpms are the same each time you check for response.

If there is still no response the next steps require a flow meter to see if the main hyd.pump is responding to the volume control module. The volume control module is attached to the top of the main pump and communicates with with the remote solenoid and/or the manual adjustment (w/allen wrench) to regulate the oil output from the main pump.

The control valve can stick or sieze due to debris and either cleaned or replaced. Sometimes even rotating the solenoid on the spool slightly or returning it to it's original position if there is evidence of it being moved. I've seen them cracked and disfunctional also. Let me know, If you need to call leave a msg. in my mail.   

ShortStik 11-03-2009

Thx TooTall.

Mand M Concrete 11-03-2009

thank you

ShortStik 11-04-2009

TooTall, your writeing does not come off as "A Know It All".  your concord trouble shoting advise is more then helpful to the less experienced (me)