2008 sany 45 meter 200 hours
Sdpumper 02-14-2019
comment profile send pm notify

Looking at a good buy on a 2008 sany 45 meter converted to putz electrical system any thoughts from anyone thanks

TooTall 02-18-2019
reply profile send pm notify

Why on earth would you want to get into such a headache? I attempted to put two of those machines into service straight from China in 2008. Neither one could function well enough to even prime out much less finish a job. When the first one failed they shipped another one, both had the same elect/computer issues. The booms and outriggers worked, the pumps had serious issues. The control modules (computer) had issues converting from 24v to 12v and everything being  on electric pilot. You couldn't even actuate the water pump when they failed. 

Definatly steer clear of the models with the green screen control module that's mounted up on the cradle. Those were the ones assembled and mounted in China, before their Georgia facility was open. The models with the color screen control modules located in the driver side compartment. Those were assembled and truck mounted here in the US and could actually get concrete through the boom. But still had problems pumping harsh mud at higher pressures or higher volumes. 

TooTall 02-18-2019

Used to see a number of those earlier model SANYs full of hard concrete and priced ridiculously cheap. And almost brand new! Always wondered if Putzmeister ever came up with a solution for those early models. They just needed to be simplified and less computer controlled with some manual hand valves on critical functions like pump on fwd/rev, water pump, agitator etc. 

pudg2 05-09-2019

I ran quite a few of these machines , and did quite a bit of work to make them pump and somewhat be reliable , biggest issue in the end was the Mack trucks and the regen systems , unless you are a really good mechanic and have the mack computer to do a forced regen , I would definitely stay away from it , there's a reason it only had a few hundred hours on it , I can tell you we got ours for a very good price and they still cost us more than we could charge to operate them.