2012 Mack's ugg.
seedless 12-27-2011
comment profile send pm notify

I don't know if anyone else has had trouble, but mine is really starting to get on the nerves. Error codes after error codes.

Main ground wires not tightened and painted over, x wired in spots, harnesses failed. QC is just letters it seems.

I was quite impressed with the new engine and stile, but wow, we are going through every wire and error code one step at a time. Down time is evil, we say they will look it over one end to the other, then get it back for a week and back it goes.

Hmm should have bought two and relaid them.

seedless 12-27-2011
reply profile send pm notify

Our local Mack dealer does have a cute receptionist hmmm but after hrs of waiting you piture her and 5 kids and grumpy wife, so thats getting old.

Vasa 12-27-2011

Buy a Volvo or Scania ! ;-)

79xlch 12-27-2011

I remember last year or the year before other people had the same complaints on the new Macks.

seedless 12-28-2011

Well good thing I don't own it then. I would love a Scan very nice unit.

Dipstick 12-30-2011

I remember when I was a kid.. I also had these toy trucks that you had to build up and paint your self.. But than I grew up and got a real truck Wink 

ALMIMA 12-30-2011

I agree with "Vasa"! Why not use real Swedish quality?....And also a nicelooking-truck with high comfort. I prefer Volvotrucks.

seedless 12-31-2011

I remember Mann was trying to go North America. Too bad they didn't, they seem to not want the hassle of set up shop here, but then compatition was pretty fierce here. Scania would be an interesting fit. Volvo is here and everywere, just not in Pumps. The Mack has some Volvo strain in it. My complaints are quality control out of what ever factory it came from.

The truck in general is great, the main ground wire and others were loose, then painted over at factory. It could happen to any truck, but mine ugg. So we are dealing with issues one thing at a time. We have had many Macks that had no problems. But the frustration levels get high when simple items fail, I hope it does not come to hard concrete in the boom.

Dipstick 01-02-2012

I think the problem for a brand like MAN is that if you want to build quality it also has a price.. So if they cost a lot more than a MACK than customers might stil choose MACK... Specialy if they don't know the brand MAN so well...