$4 a yard flat
concrete animal 03-14-2007
comment profile send pm notify

HEY JOHN, I PERSONALY WOULD DO THAT IF THEY MAINTAINED 80+ AN HOUR. I DONT DO THAT MANY 320+ YD POURS. MOST OF THE MULTI-FAMILY IN MY AREA, ONE DROP BACK AND DO THE DROPS HARDLY AVERAGE 40-50 A HOUR.   80X $4  = 320 HOUR  4 HOUR MINIMIUM. SOUNDS GOOD HERE. OF COURSE THEN THERES THE ISSUE OF SET UP CLEAN OUT TIME AND TRAVEL?   HEARD OF ONE IN MY AREA OFFERING $3.50 YARD-- WHEN ALL IS FACTORED  IN HOW MANY JOBS CAN MAINTAIN THAT AVERAGE?

Bob 03-14-2007
reply profile send pm notify

Animal,

My question would be; how long can you maintain that price before you go broke?

While you are (getting paid) waiting on concrete tomorrow figure your tickets for this last week (1)at sheet and (2) at $3.50 or $4.00 per yd. There is usually a big difference.

Also, when you average 80yph, which is actually pretty hard unless you are on a big deck; how long was your pump off? At what rate did you have to pump to catch up. What if you only get 75yph and the customer wants his yardage price anyway? If everything is perfect the invoice for the pour will be about the same, perhaps a little less for the yardage. If anything goes wrong at all, you are setting yourself up for a pissing contest with your customer. And, by the way, who pays for the travel and clean-up?

I like the idea that you have an equipment price AND a per yd price. and prime charge, and fuel sir charge, and system charge for over 150 ft, and........ and......... and...

it is fun to pump...... it is more fun to pump and make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

eugene 03-14-2007

there is two prices $90- an hour and you shut the clock off if it gets too exccesive for regular customers, others pay the $3- a yard expecially if you are slamming on our pump to get 20 plus yards down.

you charge what is fair and ya everybody wants a deal and if happens every time you will lose money.

concrete animal 03-15-2007

BOB THAT WAS BY POINT. NOBODY MAINTAINS 80 YD. HR. BUT IF THEY COULD I WOULD DO IT.  IT WOULD ONLY BE A FEW DOLLARS CHEAPER THAN MY HOURLY PLUS 2.50 NOW  (36 METER)

Bob 03-15-2007

YO, Animal.

I understand. I really do think that a pump is not worth the same all the time it is on a job. I think of it as

1. pump rental - being paid because they asked you to be there. Whether or not they have the inspection, the steel in the footing, the crew shows up, the concrete truck driver is at his girlfriends house, or the dog ate your homework.......... the guy asked you to be there and you are..... $$$ per hour

2. now they corrected all of the problems and want to pump some concrete; cool........... sounds like the reason you came to the job? yup? $$$ per yard

it just keeps everyone honest and aware of their own responsibility

JohnThomas 03-15-2007

What does everyone charge?? I got that $4 a yard off of Nu-Ways price sheet. What do you charge to clean out, to travel ect.. Im an operator right now but im about to own my own company. so i would like to learn as much as i can about the "other side" of the buisness.

Prairie Pumper 03-17-2007

$70 an hour, $1.50 per mile, and $2 per yard works good for me. (central Kansas line pump)

Boom Out 03-19-2007

I run a conveyor, but the pricing is very close to a pump in this area (northern Il.). We get $2.75 per yard, $150.00 per hour, and 75.00 per hour for travel. We also have a $200.00 per hour charge for stone.

crete 03-22-2007

$150/hr.with a 4hr/min plus $85/travel for a telebelt