40 meter concord need help
FCF-Bobby 10-12-2013
comment profile send pm notify

Hi operators I'm new to the site and have been running our concord pump for 3 years and we are having a problem with the forward pumping coil on the pressure side burning out. I'm now on my 4th coil with no fix to the problem. My mechanic seems to think that it might be hydraulic oil by passing on the pumping cylinders therefore causing the coil to over work itself and burn it out. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated as I have tried alot of different things. Thanks

Chezpump 10-12-2013
reply profile send pm notify

We would be glad to help. We are the Concord dealer for U.S. Irving equipment.

irvingequipment.net

stevec@irvingequipment.net

Steve C (419) 618-6965

gboom 10-12-2013

If you keep burning coils, you need to check the following:

-is the electrical wiring in good condition? No cuts in the wiring etc?

-you may have a mechanical failure the valve itself, to explain in short:if the spool does not shift all the way when activated, the coil continous to try and shift >it pulls a stronger current over a long period of time > burns up the coil

the last sceanrio could also be caused by dirt in the oil, 

hope this helps

FCF-Bobby 10-12-2013

Gboom Ive checked all the wiring and replaced both forward pumping valves along with the driver side spool but it still continues to burn the coil out. I've noticed when the pump does stroke it strokes smoothly on the passenger side and on the driver side when it gets to the top of it's stroke it has a hesitation then switches. I've also noticed on the main pump pressure gauge that when it switches on the driver side it makes the gauge pressure up to around 1000 psi but not when the passenger side switches. That's why our mechanic thinks there is back pressure in the system cuz of the gauge bouncing the way it is. But I'm not quite sure if that could happen and if I could effect anything

ShortStik 10-12-2013

check to see if the hydrolic oil return filter is in one piece

gboom 10-13-2013

Your mechanic is on the right track, you need to figure out what causes the pressure build up. However, the back pressure pressure build up  itself is a hydraulic problem, and  does not explain the coils burning up, it appears the pressure build up is either the sypmton or a separate problem. Do you have a test screen on your control, to see what valve is active?I am not familiar with the hydraulic and electrcial system on this pump, but i would measure the volatge on the coil that is burning up, especially when it shouldnt be activated. Another test you can do is to unplug  the valve that is not activated during he stroke, to see if the pressure build up goes away  (be cafeful and dont put yourself in danger doing that)

Benrite 10-13-2013

We have 4 Concords. Try Terry at 801-564-1729. I'm pretty sure he can fix your problem

mudgator 10-15-2013

Hey there Bobby, check your return filter first. Also, are you reading your main pump pressure gauge with, or without concrete in the system?

FCF-Bobby 10-15-2013

Hey mud gator I would be reading that gauge without concrete in the system. When it strokes on the passenger side it has very little movement on the gauge but on the driver side is where I get the pressure spike.

bisley57 10-15-2013

If it is a knock of Putz,you should have 2 shift cylinders.Swap the pass. cylinder with the driver side and vice-versa,what happens?

mini cooper 10-15-2013

Don't go to terry. Calll the guys on the coast!!!!

there are some very helpful companies in lower mainland of bc.