42 putz wont stroke
super pumper 09-11-2012
comment profile send pm notify

Hey ive got a 99 42m putz and i had just finished up a job went to go wash out had it strokin then shut it off to clean out hopper then went to stroke again for clean out of stube and it wouldnt stroke neither on back panel or on remote lights turned on as if it were stroking but no action every other fuction works on remote and all the safety switches on grate are bypassed.I shut everything off and turned back on still nothing so i just kept trying pump switch and finally took off any ideas?could this be a weak solinoid?i just dont wanna have it quit half way thru a pour

PumPro 09-11-2012
reply profile send pm notify

Maybe the 900rpm protector was kicking in were you over 900 rpm?

super pumper 09-11-2012

yup it was over 900 i had it strokin then it just quit strokin on its own its done it twice now

rusty22 09-12-2012

Does it have a hopper grate saftey switch?

super pumper 09-12-2012

no i also stated that it was unhooked but thanks anyhow sounds like its the gear pump that runs the agitator and water pump is gettin weak there for not engaging 900 rpm switch

Beast 09-12-2012

check your ground wires in your main electrical panel, had one that was doing this and it was a ground issue, would pump 7-800 yards fine, go to washout and would not stroke , wires were actually melting.

Travelteck 09-15-2012

Have you fixed your pump yet?  I hope so.

If not Please check the Charge pressure on the test port M2/5 Depending on the version you have this port might be on the side of the pump or mounted up where all the ports are located centrally. With the unit in PYO at full RPM you should be reading 34 Bar, if you have 2 main pumps check them both.

The control pressure is supplied from the charge pump to operate, no charge pressure no pump.

Another thing to try is to turn on the pump and push the POH valve in and hold it, if it strokes with the POH in then there is a 1.2 orifice plugged.

This orifice is located in the base block under a rectangle plate with 4 Allen screws, there are 4 o-rings and in one of the ports is a Allen plug that is the orifice remove it and clean reinstall.

Travelteck 09-15-2012

The orifice is under the block circled in red.

POH is #196 on right