4.6 2mil pipe
Tracy 04-20-2007
comment profile send pm notify

Ok I would like to hear what kind of yardage you guys are getting out of con-forms 4.6 dual wall 2 mil pipe? I have a 40 meter putz in my fleet that I have roughly 15,000 yards though the pipe and it is thin, and I am pissed. I have the toughest material in the nation next to Vegas, on 5" dual wall I get 40,000 to 45,000 yards out of my pipe with regular pipe rotion.

Bob 04-20-2007
reply profile send pm notify

Tracy,

I would like to make a suggestion.

Atlanta has some very abrasive material, just like LV, NV. From what I have seen in the feild I would suggest that you call ConForm and talk to them about their 4.4 pipe with a heavier inner lining. I was initially under the impression that the smaller pipe would not allow the course mix to pump......... and........... it would wear faster due to the higher speed of the material. I have found hovever that the 4.4 with a thicker inner lining is a more durable product. Call ConForm. their number is <<<<<<<<<< over there. They can and will help you save some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

For all of you out there that run regular metric 4.8 pipe (standard) I would suggest that you look at a boom system of ConForm 4.4 pipe with the VERY THICK inner liner. If you don't plug it up it should outlast anything you have ever had on your boom

just a thought ;~)

Tracy 04-20-2007

Thanks Bob been in Atlanta with Thomsens and Shwings in the old days with Pete Horner and O" Brien's been there done that this stuff does makes Atlanta's mixes look like grout! It does not like to reduce to 4" much less then 4.4 so what you are saying is if I were to consolidate this stuff to 4.4 I would get better wear?

Bob 04-20-2007

The mix isn't getting better here. Nothing left but that crushed granite for sand.

The ConForm 4.4 has a 2.5 liner and all anyone's 4.6 is 2.0. So yes, you will get better wear. Call CF!!!