50 Meter Concord
Casper 02-06-2006
comment profile send pm notify

Does anybody out there operate a 48 or 50 meter concord? How does it measure up to machines of similar size you have ran in the past? How does your machanic feel about working on it? No salesman please. Just owners and operaters. :)

Casper 02-06-2006
reply profile send pm notify

tmhxpumper@yahoo.comthanks rookie. :)

pump_bro 02-06-2006

what would you like to know ?,,, I was a service tech for concord for two years . I might even ve the guy who built it ,,lolplay safe

Marcus 02-07-2006

Fact; your going to save some hard earned dough. Will the customer know the difference, very low low chance unless their placers. What will the operators say?, well some have a preconceived idea that Schwing or Putz are always without equal, but the bottom line is that guys like Bob who have probably ran both can give you their feed back. I owned Putzmeister

pump_bro 02-08-2006

The Concord is a pump I would buy into ,They provide an exelent base product with minimal bells and whistles so they are easy to keep clean and make repairs . the boom is easily adjusted giving your opperators the fine tuning options , making it more enjoyable and allow pride in the machine .Will your customers know the differents , No I dont think so! There maybe some upgrades you may want to make ( tool boxes ,wash hose hangers and such ) but for 200,000 you can afford it . Please feel free to ask me any time if you have a concern in any particular interests .

pumpman 02-08-2006

we have 2 Concords and an Alliance and if we had the work we would buy many more . no problems with them . and i have the very first 36m that came of the boat . as for the 50m i think you will like it .im loking at a 43m good luck . the only thing that sucks are the auto greasers .Nothing wrong with the JJ

rw 02-09-2006

Speedy is right. The Concord holds its value. Annual depreciation rate is the same or lower than the others. With Putz and Schwing dropping their price to compete in the market, its their pumps that will be taking a hit on resale a few years from now. Customers that have paid $450,000 for a 38m in the past few years will not be seeing the re-sale value in 5 years that they were used to.

justanthrpumper 02-09-2006

It may have been a freak thing, but I know of a Concord pump,( a36m) that had two boom failures. No one was hurt as far as I know, and It was still under warrenty,but that was enouogh to scare me away from ever wanting one.

Marcus 02-09-2006

No way: longboomschwing, I

Marcus 02-10-2006

Good post Bob, I

pumpman 02-10-2006

Well said ....maybe i spoke out of turn on a vintage putz look a like . reagardless of what they look like .they work great and they make money.Nothing wrong with the JJ

BrianABarone 02-10-2006

As far as I am concerned if a pump will put it on the ground and make you money who the hell cares what brand it is. All brands are the same----they are machines and they WILL break down. Some just are bit different than the others as far as operating issues but if they sling mud good for them:) http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/ I love to pump concrete. It is in my blood. I will do whatever it takes to do the job right and safely! Almost 20yrs under my belt and still learning.

jjpumper 02-11-2006

I made a reply to this topic the other day and then I got an e-mail from Todd saying that he had to delete my response due to Sponsors .I was not rude in any way, I just said what I have personally seen with my eyes and felt to be true. In no way was what I said nearly as strong as what I

jjpumper 02-11-2006

Bob, There is nothing to respond to. Like I said, its funny how Todd deletes my input and yet it is no more contraversial then alot of other posts on this SAME topic.I stayed around long enough to get a respnse and thats all I got. I have enjoyed alot of the topics I have read and there responses, but at this point Im greatly dissapointed in the Censor ship of this site.P.S, I LOVE REED and CONCORD! ( is that good writing)?

jjpumper 02-11-2006

One LAST thing, A Friend of mine was looking for a 36 meter boom and I told him how much I liked the Reed that I had ran and so he made a few calls. NINE months later when REED finally e-mailed him back he was already running his new PUTZ!!!!!!! So lets talk about service.

DIGGER 02-11-2006

We at Transcrete America do not offer booms on the USA market. We sell our pump cells with Antonelli booms in other markets. At the recent W.O.C a good customer of ours with several line pumps approached us for a 36 metre boom, he was disappointed that we could not offer a boom. He then asked me what boom he should buy.I took him to Concord for the following reasons, they has a 36 plus Z under fold with low opening heights. They has a slew ring NOT RACK/PINION, they had a clean operator friendly layout. They were Nt American based. 100k to 200k less outlay.We receive no commission, no favours ..... but we know the customer will be happy and come back to us for his next line pump.By the way, Schwing and Putz manufacture in China.Do you know where your German pump or spare parts really comes from in this new World Order?

pumpman 02-11-2006

i know this is has nothing to do with concrete but its related to the last reply did you know that Caterpillar manufacturers their stuff elsewhere than the USA a D6 is made in holland or France and a D7 is made in Mexico and assembled in USA and the components for bigger machines 8s and 9s are made in Mexico . get my pointNothing wrong with the JJ

BrianABarone 02-11-2006

(Sorry Bob you just get a New Dodge with 4 Cylinders that shut of on the Freeway, So you can get your 20mpg in a real truck, ITS GOT A HEMI.)TOO FUNNY! http://www.pumpoperators.com/brian/ I love to pump concrete. It is in my blood. I will do whatever it takes to do the job right and safely! Almost 20yrs under my belt and still learning.

pump_bro 02-12-2006

???? 1200 Shwing in an Alliance ??? where did you find that mechanic ,,,keep him ,,,,

putz63 02-12-2006

Pump bo, we had 4 alliance pumps and parts from a 1200 schwing will fit. Sorry to burst your bubble. And i think its a shame those compaines copy putzs design, and you people thinks its no big deal, also when our competor brought his new chifa they gave him a box of steel plates with it..

jjpumper 02-12-2006

Nice try pump bro, or is that pump me bro.

pumpman 02-12-2006

yesterday i took a bolt from a 1200 swing and it fit my alliance. then i took a nut off the alliance and it fit the john deere skid steer so i think jun jin builds john deere skid steersNothing wrong with the JJ

Marcus 02-13-2006

Well congratulations to Casper for asking the question that tied first place for the most overall responses.Overall I think that there are a few guys who have logged in who run the machines you want to look at and talk to. They will be the ones to help you look at overall Viability. Costs Efficiency, Dependability and Long Term Value for Your Own Specific Market.To each his own, as it has always been and will continue to be.No doubt we as Operating Engineers have our favorites. Like Women, Beer, Paintjobs and Cars we all think we know what we like and believe it to be the best. That

Casper 02-13-2006

Rookie, I sent you an email and I will try to call tomorrow. Thanks again for your willingness to help.

markuse 02-15-2006

All Putz pumps sold in the US are manufactured in Germany. Putz China only manufactures for their local market, means China.

sparky 02-15-2006

I have watched cocords from when they first came out,being in alberta canada and am not overly impressed with them. They have documented outrigger and boom structural problems that may or may have not been dealt with

sparky 02-15-2006

marcus few people seem to know that cocord originally sold jun jin but now use a jun jin pump cell and manufacture their own booms right from scratch. This is good and bad, IN MY OPINION ONLY. I may be wrong but i am pretty sure they support their own but do not have korean jun jin factory support. totally in house i believe. I am a factory support kinda guy myself and dont know to what end of engineering support concord has., but withiut that kind of knoledge,I think commenting on support is aguess at best

dogbone 02-15-2006

shut up u dont have a clue

sparky 02-15-2006

well dogbone fill me in

pumpman 02-15-2006

If some one is manufacturing a piece of equipment like a boom pump and there were problems with the outriggers or boom i think they would look at that pretty seriouslly . ( if concord or alliance and jun jin had boom pumps falling over all the time i dont think they would be around as long as they have. Our two first Generation Concords (100%jun jin) pumps have not had any boom or out rigger problems. you guys have swing and putz on the brain and thats all fine and dandy. but geuss what my customers dont care what brand it is and most wouldnt know the difference. it gets the job done .i charge the same wethr its a swing putz,reed.concord,allaince what ever .so over all my cost of doing bussness is less, my proffit margin higher . so there how do you like them apples. If you want to by a pump what ever the make CALL A SALESMAN THATS WHAT THEY GET PAID FOR. and way your options .Nothing wrong with the JJ

sparky 02-15-2006

i agree with your profit margin statement,customers dont care anymore. The days of getting jobs becuse you have a brand name pump are gone. But that doesnt replace wanting quality equipment to run ,and that is what the original question was getting at. There is nothing wrong with jj pumps . We own 8 of them. I was just trying relate to some people that as far as i know concord designs, engineers,and builds their own pumps now following pretty much the same design as jj , but does not get jj to build them for assemballyhere ,as alliance does. I never said that they were better or worse. But if i want to buy a pump i dam well want to know the who, what , where etc. of the manufacturer. This is a forum for exchanging information, and thats all i was doing . If i came off opinionated against a paticular brand i did not mean to. And if i am wrong about this let me know. apologies to anyone i offended.

HOSER 02-15-2006

PUTZ ,YOU ARE A PUTZ!!!!

jjpumper 02-16-2006

Just a quick question,When you have a major break down as all pumps do from time to time how quick does the manufactures rep( mechanic) get there? We had a major hydraulic problem and being a small and new company we didnt have a good mechanic yet and so the company we bought our pump from, a major manufacturer, had A mechanic out to us within 24 hours.Now will these other companies do the same?

Bob 02-16-2006

JJ That is just about the most important question there is to many companies. You need to be honest , at least to yourself. Can we fix this truckCan we fix this pumpCan we have the spares on the shelf - here/in shophow long can the pump be downThe answers to these questions are different for everyone. [b]WHO[/b] you are, [b]WHERE[/b] you are, should play a part in your choice for a pump brand. If we were all the same life would be easy,,,,please pass me some more vanilla ice cream. ;)

zxa 02-16-2006

is so funny to read people like longboomschwing who have a biaised opinion!! i have working with many brand of pump at the opposite that problably longboomschwing has never experimate.. concord like alliance run both verry well..in fact i doesnt see any difference compare to schwing or putz..there are soft and accurate......sadly i never had the chance to work with cifa or pumpstars because maybe theyre not any dealership here in canada??.....the world and especialy the market have evoluting and changing..and the pump market didnt escape this fact!! and thanks god!! the supposedly big two gonna have to change theirs mind if they dont want loosing what they already begin to loose...personaly i think that now all his history for them!! in canada now schwing and putz loose their controled market day after day....in fact more the time run..the less we see new schwing or putz on job site and more we see concord or jun-jin write on each side of the boom who raise in the air!!....for anwsering the starter of this thread...you can go for a concord or alliance (jun-jin today) and youll see any difference except that the value gonna be smallest..but dont forget that you paid smallest also...so if you have a good support..so the name of the brand become just useless ps..all pumps work nicely today but the $$$ most of the time is boss and except some people maybe like longboomschwing?? no ordinary people can afford to give money and i mean big money just for a name...

HOSER 02-16-2006

HEY,LONGBOOM.THEY ALSO HAVE BEEN CRACKING UP BEHIND YOUR BACK FOR YEARS!!!!!

Marcus 02-16-2006

What good comments and Discussion;First to LongBoomSchwing; nothing that I can say back to what you said, well spoken. Yes it cost more but so does Porsche & Ferrari. To Pumpman; again well said; your right if there is a problem with the manufacture; after you ask they must disclose the information to you by law; the issue is you call a manufacture and ask,

jjpumper 02-17-2006

Cheap people buy cheap things, maybe its a Canadian thing. Boy you were hard on longboom scwing. Easy boy.Before you try and chew my ass or ANYONE ELSES please check your grammar and spelling, something seemed a little off there.French Canadian? ;)

jjpumper 02-17-2006

my bad! I was replying to ZXa or xza or whatever...

Marcus 02-17-2006

JJ you

Todd 02-17-2006

Jjpumps is just being silly; he is trying to get a reaction from everyone. I have relationships with pump companies all over the USA and Canada over 80 companies use my software and I talk to them all the time. Here is what I

HOSER 02-17-2006

HEY LONGBOOM SORRY I HURT YOUR FEELINGS.IF MOST PEOPLE HEAR SOMETHING OVER AND OVER , THEY TEND TO START BELEIVING WITHOUT EVEN RESEARCHING IT.FOR EXAMPLE WORLDS FINEST!!!!

HOSER 02-17-2006

OPEN YOUR EYES!

jjpumper 02-19-2006

Something about pumping makes me LOVE German engineering.

HOSER 02-19-2006

HEY , MAYBE THEY STILL HOLD A GRUDGE ABOUT LOOSING, THATS WHY THEIR OVERPRICED,AND PARTS ARE DOUBLE THE PRICE. HAL HITLER .LOL.LOL.LOL

ROOK 02-19-2006

What ever happened to keep you money where you live. I am an American so i would buy American. I hate the french so i am sure as hell not going to send money to them. Something about that made in the USA sticker on the side of my putz makes me feel good.. Oh, Don, Where is that 65 meter that weighs less than putzs 63, but you cant get it in the US. I think i will hike up my pants cause the shits gettin deep! There are only two dissapointments in life teen age *@#&$ and mack trucks

jjpumper 02-19-2006

Hal Hitler? I dint know Hal was his first name.Lol,Lol,lolWhen you are done oiling and learn how to pump maybe then we can have an Intelligent conversation, until then,,,,

HOSER 02-19-2006

IT MEANS HALE,KINDA LIKE LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.

HOSER 02-19-2006

BEEN IN THE BIZ FOR 20 YEARS,JUST BREAKING YOUR BALLS, .JUST HAVING A LITTLE FUN.ALLL PUMPS HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS.

putz63 02-19-2006

Hey Don, Our company just brought a 38 meter putz. It was a little less than the price you Quoted. Also the compaines that buy the cheeper machines think they can cut pump rental rates. All this does is drive down the industry. Also when that Concord breaks and is down for two weeks how much money are you making. And where is that 65m your people have been blowing your top about. I know putz has not made one so you have nothing to copy. Sorry. Give me the putz and lets make some money.Thank you for your time.

jjpumper 02-19-2006

Thank you Putz63. That is my number one complaint! Driving the hourly rate down.

zxa 02-19-2006

thanks for your great reply marcus and todd ;) like i said all its a matter of choice and the support.....and for jjpumper.....sorry for my grammar..but would you like to try to continuing this thread in french??? ;) no problem with 2 languages... ;)for rook... hey rook you know what??? me too i hate the french and even if the french is my born language...but we dont have to fall in a stupid thing like the racist.... :) of course my first choice is always to buy canadians or american...but there is a limit somewhere especialy when this limits is exceed.... yes for the patriotism no problem but up to wich point??? is a personal question i think!!schwing and putz are both german compagny.....theyre not at any point american compagny... cifa is a italian compagny....its seem that only reed and pumpstar are born american?? and i doesnt seem that there is alot of them in united state does im wrong??? so where is the patriotism with your putz?? i dont want to bash you at any point..but just tell me rook i want to know.. ;) and lastly... on the last purchase that weve made we had called pumpstar..the guy was verry nice.. our schwing and putz dealer here are not so great...schwing dealer have no technicians and poor support...and the putz dealer have a small inventory.....however like marcus had explained so well...the support...the Efficiency has made that we put ours choices on concord....alliance was good also..its was hard to take decisions!!! beleave me.. :)

jjpumper 02-19-2006

;p

zxa 02-19-2006

be carefull maybe somebody else could check if your spanish or german are up to par..... ;p you are not proving nothing until here....hehe ;) btw do you have a jun-jin jjpumper???

zxa 02-19-2006

hey longboomschwing...nothing annoying on this... ;) nobody has the same opinion..its just normal that sometimes some thread become a little rough.... ;)

jjpumper 02-20-2006

My appalogies,,,,Kind Sirs

mwcpi 02-20-2006

Schwing & Putz are both great macines. They are, however, VERY OVERPRICED. For instance, a Putz 32Z (made in Racine) will sell in Mexico for around $350K, YES the exact same machine sold in the US. Same with Schwing.A big reason that Putz & Schwing are sold in the US for a lot more $$$ is the commission given to the dealers. The BIG boys also pay the dealers a bonus @ the end of the year based on volume in their area (1-5% based on volume). Yes, thats and EXTRA 1-5% over and above the commission already paid. Putz & Schwing both have a 20% margin there for the dealer. Concord & Alliance have a lot less commissions paid (and no end of year thing going). How do you feel about your local competition-dealer making up to 20% on your purchase? Then the end of year $$$%. Thoes high commissions have to come from somewhere boys.Don Carlson nailed it right on the head with his posting. It comes down to customer prefference and the bottom line.By the way, if Concord was such a bad machine, how come sooooo many repete customers? There are over 600 Concords on the market now. If people were soooo unhappy with them then why are they not posted for sale everywhere?Safe pumping.Look up & live.

jjpumper 02-20-2006

only time will tell.I hope that Concord and the rest wear well.But for the next 10 to 15 years while that question is palying its self out ,I will stick with German Technology.You know the rumor about German Engineering being the best, in any field, is no myth.

zxa 02-20-2006

longbomschwing..when you had wrote this..But at the end what we all like is the same. MONEY!!!!!!!! (except for those of you in Canada, you like paying taxes)-----------------------------------------------------------------dont make me more crazy about this please.......because youre sooo right... :mad: