80 metre plus boom on the way
DIGGER 05-24-2011
comment profile send pm notify

A little dicky bird told me that Zoomlion have an 80 metre plus boom ready to release.

What a race to the top?

pumpjockey 05-24-2011
reply profile send pm notify

It seems that the only practical applications these 'superbooms' have is in a floundering nuclear plant.

TooTall 05-24-2011

Munchy the "Reach Race"! This post will probably send some engineers scrambling to the drawing boards for an 82M design. It Would be cool to reach an entire city block from one set though! 

Even though the 70m's were sent to a job they'll never return from they will go down in world history... they may even need a couple more?       

northwest63 05-25-2011

dont get me wrong-big boom's are cool.but in the us you can not drive the 70metr in most state's.now their going to add moor boom,it's going to be to heavy or to long. if they can do it and sell it,cool! but with what only 3 or 4 70's being built and 3 sold-good luck..

gboom 05-25-2011

I was involved in a heavy lifting job years back, we had a 1200 ton mobile hydraulic crane, there was a crew of 10 guys, a service truck, 7 tractor-trailer to transport counter weights, an oversized tractor-trailer to transport the boom and a 100 ton mobile crane to assemble everything on-site; the crew was constantly on the road; whatever this 80M is going to look like, I think the only way this pump will be making profits is, when traveling with a crew of 2 or 3 to all the "big" and "specialty" projects all over the country, not to mention the maintenance nightmare this is going to be; who would invest in times like this in such a big pump, when you can get a 61 or 63M for less and only one man to operate? I am sure the owners of the two 70M's, that went to Japan, were glad to see these trucks leave

Dipstick 05-25-2011

I think your right.. I would love to see this 80m.. I love the big stuff too but is it wise???   A 1200 ton crane is sometimes a MUST.. If its a load that can't be devided you'll HAVE to have a big crane like that. But a big pump.... There are always different solutions.. And if you look at skyskraper building its actualy not so much with 80m..

Good luck to those that will build this 80m. I would love to see it.. Hope they don't loose to much money on it.. I would be amazed if they sell several..

pink panther 05-27-2011

You all can have those big pumps. After you operate them long enough, you will be begging to run a smaller pump. I love the 39 and would even take a nice little 28.